The Conquest team had spent night after night attempting to solve the Sha of Pride. Every attempt, players continued to get increasingly frustrated. Tempers were flaring. Curses were muttered. It appeared that all hope was lost and that Conquest team themselves would succumb to their own insecurities and fail.
But it is always darkest before the dawn.
For Supreme Glorious Leader THEE Matticus who had entered the world of Azeroth bathed in sunlight and rainbows emerged from his slumber. The shadow priest instilled some much neededdiscipline into the ranks. With no discipline priest in sight, someone had to do the job after all. His asian clairvoyance coupled with his natural born reflexes prevented many deaths from occurring and kept the players alive just long enough for them to put the Sha of Pride away for good.
And now, the Conquest expeditionary force has landed upon the shores of Durotar ready to lay siege to Orgrimmar.
(*NOTE* : So this write up is being posted a little late , The boss went down weeks ago)
Okay so look. During Blizzcon week, 10 of the unlucky people who we left
behind to keep the hearthstone fires burning killed heroic Norushen.
And they were all "Yay another heroic kill under our belts! We’re
And then the rest of the raiding team got back from Blizzcon—where some
of us slayed the mighty Hilton Bar Boss, got loot and a mighty repair
bill—looked down our noses, and said it didn’t count because 25 man is
the only real progression for us. It’s sort of like getting a B on the
disappointed Matticus grading scale. Imagine the sighs and reproachful
looks. Are you imagining them? ARE YOU SORRY YOU WEREN’T BETTER? YOU
So we started working on him...her… it … the Norushen thing. And there
were some issues. You know, like standing in fire the cutter. Or not
standing in the right place to soak Purple Balls of Doom. Or getting
eaten by sha adds. Or just not living long enough or hitting hard
enough to beat that enrage timer.
And the raiders were grumpy. And thee Matticus was grumpy. See grading scale above, except we were nearing F: Find a new guild.
And then, all of a sudden, people started living. And hitting things
hard while they lived. Perhaps some raiders actually pulled their heads
out of their asses.
And then Norushen died and we all felt a little better about ourselves for a little while.
Matticus still gave us a B though. We’ll never be good enough for disappointed Matticus.
Patch 5.4.2 is live this week. I know you all are slackers when it comes
to reading patch notes, so here’s the major changes: You can now mail account
bound items cross-realm. There’s also a raid browser that’s updated with
additional Mists content (it’s meh, honestly).
Players are now able to place raid markers in the world even while
I guess I can safely soak Malkorok puddles now.
Changes to Flex
At BlizzCon, we'd discussed some improvements to our Flexible scaling system
that would minimize the existence and impact of any real or perceived
"breakpoints." Our design goal has always been for the system to be neutral with
respect to group size. Specifically, you should never feel encouraged to turn
away interested players whose skill/gear level matches the rest of the group's,
basic role composition constraints notwithstanding. But at the same time, you
shouldn't feel like you need to go out and grab warm bodies if you have a
perfectly serviceable raid already assembled. Clearly we have not yet fully
realized those goals.
In general, the existing healing/damage scaling slightly favors larger
groups, since boss health and damage scale up more slowly than does raid
throughput. To use a specific example, an 18-player raid with 12 damage-dealers
will kill a boss slightly faster than a 10-player raid with 6 damage-dealers
(assuming equal skill/gear between the two groups). But it is true that
currently some specific abilities exhibit breakpoints, where adding an extra
player causes an extra add to spawn, or an ability to strike an additional
To help smooth out difficulty scaling as you add or remove players from your
Flexible raid, we will be implementing one of our planned Warlords changes to
the scaling system ahead of schedule. In the near future, several boss abilities
that target more players as the size of a Flex raid increases will use weighted
randomization rather than strict breakpoints.
An example to illustrate what I mean:
Today, Sun Tenderheart's Shadow Word: Bane ability afflicts 2 targets if your
raid size is between 10 and 14, but begins to hit a third target at 15.
Once our upcoming change is in place, if you have a 13-player raid, there
will be a 60% chance for each cast of the ability to hit 3 targets, and a 40%
chance for it to hit 2. If you add an extra player, and thus have 14, there will
now be an 80% chance for 3 debuffs to go out, and a 20% chance for only 2.
In short, with respect to this particular ability, adding an extra player
will always give you an average of 0.2 extra Bane debuffs. No more
There will be a handful of exceptions where breakpoints remain necessary.
Imprison on Sha of Pride is probably the most notable such example, where you
really want to pre-plan who will cover which prisons, and having a random number
of targets each cast would cause frustrating unpredictability.
There's nothing wrong with 14-player groups -- 14 players is a great size for
a raid. But so is 15. And 19. And 12. And 22. We just want to help make sure
that good players aren't being turned away from groups because of the notion
that their presence will make things harder for everyone.
A pity, Sha prisons are one of the biggest reasons people go for 14. I
want to know how Malkorok void zone spawning area expands as people add,
currently that seems to be 10-15 you get half the room, 16-25 the whole
That's interesting, since currently the "magic number" for getting a third
Imprison target is 18 players.
The way Malkorok Implosions should work is that with 14+ players (yes, 14)
you get a fourth spawning, and then an additional one for each 3 players past
that. If you're seeing a huge jump in the number of Implosions spawning based on
a small change in raid size, that sounds like a bug, and I'd love to hear more
so that we can investigate the issue.
Intervene no longer removes movement-impairing effects on use. The talent
Safeguard will continue to remove movement-impairing effects.
Improved checks on pathing for Intervene and Safeguard to address situations
where Warriors may wind up under the
Catch and Carry: Druids can no longer attempt to catch Sacks of Grain while
in flight form.
Lost Treasure: Resolved an issue where players may be unable to open Cache
of the Legion.
Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
Cross-Realm raid browser now has new categories for Mists of Pandaria World
Bosses (Celestials and Ordos) and Flexible raid difficulty for Siege of
The cross-realm raid browser is accessed through the 'Social Pane' (bound to
the O key by default) and look for the 'Raid' tab on the bottom right.
From there you can set the character as looking to join a raid or browse
players that are forming up for a raid.
For more information on this change, please see the thread titled
Cross-Realm Raid Browser on the PTR Discussion forum.
Players are now able to place raid markers in the world even while dead.
Siege of Orgrimmar
Resolved a situation where Quarantine Measures may sometimes fail to destroy
all life within the Quarantine Zone.
Resolved a situation that may cause demolition NPCs to stop opening the door
to one of the towers.
Paragons of the Klaxxi
Resolved an issue where players may fail to gain Hisek the Swarmkeeper's
special ability if they were in the middle of casting a spell while interacting
with his corpse.
Players are now able to mail account-bound items to other characters that
reside on a different realm on the same account. To send cross-realm mail: enter
the character's name, followed by a hyphen "-", followed by the realm name. Note
that cross-realm mail can only send account-bound items, not other items or
Additional information and testing discussion for this cross-realm mail can
be found in this thread on the PTR Discussion forum.
Crashin' Thrashin' Flyers should now be able to damage each other while in a
MiniZeps should now be able to damage each other while in a sanctuary
The Customer Support button has moved. Customer support can now be reached
in-game by selecting Help option through the Game Menu (Game Menu is bound to
the Escape key by default).
Resolved an issue that caused players to not receive credit towards the Drop
It! and Drop It Now! achievements.
Monday: 25 man Tuesday: 25 man Wednesday: Flex Thursday: 25
Is flex raiding mandatory? No. It's hard enough for me to ask
you guys to consistently play 4 nights a week. You don't have to come. The fact
that the raid scales from 10 - 25 is quite awesome.
priority? Assuming we hit the minimum number/ratio of tanks and healers,
I'd like to ensure that the main raiding players (players in and out of group
6/7) who were unable to get in on the regular 25 man raids see action on Flex
Can I bring an alt? Yes, absolutely! I anticipate the first
few weeks will be busy as everyone wants to bring in their mains to get
upgrades. After that, as people start replacing their gear from normal
25s/Warforged, they can bring in their alts. However, your alts must meet the
minimum floor required to raid at the level that's needed. It's your
responsibility to ensure your character is ready. Flex raid is easier than
normals, but it's still a little tougher than LFR.